A GEOTEC Underground Utility Mapping Survey is one of the most comprehensive services on the market, compliant with PAS 128 standard, utilising Electromagnetic Locating (EML) & Ground Penetrating Radar (GPR) as a minimum.
Example PAS 128 Underground Utility Mapping Extracts
Non-Invasive Underground Utility Mapping serves as GEOTEC's Core Business, where we have over 20 years' experience in detecting and mapping any buried known and unknown services and utilities that may be present within any given site.
This comprises metallic and non-metallic services, including Water, Power, Gas, Telecommunications, Fibre Optics, Drainage and other linear targets. GPR can also detect and map subsurface anomalies such as voids and obstructions.
Combined GPR & Utility Survey
Advantages of an Underground Utility Mapping Survey
- Ground Penetrating Radar Data Post Processed.
- Cross referenced against Statutory Records.
- Permanent record at a single point in time.
- Overlay proposed design solutions to assist with clash management.
- Manhole Photo Schedules & Reports on request.
- Results can be fed into 3D & BIM software.
- type of service,
- chamber extents,
- diameter & depths of services
- extents & depths of anomalous areas
Above all Underground Mapping reduces risk to those who dig and minimises disruption of the general public.
The following techniques and technologies are combined to achieve our objectives:
- Ground penetrating radar (GPR),
- Radio-frequency locators (EML) in active & passive modes,
- Cover lifting, threading, signal induction.
- Topographical Surveying to accurately record our findings to GPS
The responsibility for production of final results always lies with the Lead Surveyor; this task is not passed to anyone who has not physically carried out the survey.