As part of our Underground Mapping Survey works we also carry out Topographical Surveys in line with RICS Standards. We can achieve cost efficiencies by completing both pieces of work, as we need to collect some topographical reference data in most instances as a matter of course regardless.
Example of Combined Topographical and Underground Mapping Survey
These can be provided to any level of detail that the client requires, from a basic survey to allow our Underground Mapping Survey results to be presented in line with relevant hard features or to include the following:
- Establishment of survey station control (to GPS)
- Spot heights & levels at various spacings
- Building detail including finished floor levels, elevations & levels for eaves and ridges
- Road markings, kerb lines
- Manhole covers (invert and cover levels), valves, gullies, cabinets, scarring
- Fence, railing, post and gate details
- Changes of surface
- Trees, hedges and bushes, spreads, heights and canopy details
Results can be provided in either 2D plan view or as a 3D model, as shown below.