A GEOTEC Utility Mapping Survey is one of the most comprehensive services on the market, compliant with PAS 128 standard.
Non-Invasive Underground Utility Mapping serves as GEOTEC’s Core Business, where we have over 15 years’ experience in locating and mapping any buried known and unknown services and utilities that may be present within any given site.
Buried Services and Utilities comprising metallic and non-metallic services, including Water, Power, Gas, Telecommunications, Fibre Optics, Drainage and other linear targets.
Advantages of an Underground Utility Mapping Survey
- Ground Penetrating Radar Data detail evaluated & scrutinised.
- Cross referenced against Statutory Undertakers Records.
- Permanent record at a single point in time.
- Overlay proposed design solutions.
- Manhole and Photo Schedules on request,
- Results can be fed into 3D & BIM software.
- type of service,
- chamber extents,
- diameter & depths of services
- extents & depths of anomalous areas
Above all Underground Mapping reduces risk to those who dig and minimises disruption of the general public.
London footpath survey sample
The following techniques and technologies are combined to achieve our objectives:
- Ground penetrating radar (GPR),
- Radio-frequency locators (i.e. not basic CATs) in active & passive modes,
- Cover lifting, threading, signal induction.
- Topographical Surveying to geo-reference/ accurately record our findings
The responsibility for production of final results always lies with the Lead Surveyor; this task is not passed to anyone who has not physically carried out the survey.