A GEOTEC Underground Utility Mapping Survey is one of the most comprehensive services on the market, compliant with PAS 128 standard, utilising EML & GPR.
Example PAS 128 Underground Utility Mapping Extract
Non-Invasive Underground Utility Mapping serves as GEOTEC’s Core Business, where we have almost 20 years’ experience in locating and mapping any buried known and unknown services and utilities that may be present within any given site.
This comprises metallic and non-metallic services, including Water, Power, Gas, Telecommunications, Fibre Optics, Drainage and other linear targets.
Advantages of an Underground Utility Mapping Survey
- Ground Penetrating Radar Data detail evaluated & scrutinised.
- Cross referenced against Statutory Undertakers Records.
- Permanent record at a single point in time.
- Overlay proposed design solutions / assist with clash management.
- Manhole and Photo Schedules on request.
- Results can be fed into 3D & BIM software.
- type of service,
- chamber extents,
- diameter & depths of services
- extents & depths of anomalous areas
Above all Underground Mapping reduces risk to those who dig and minimises disruption of the general public.
London road & footpath survey sample
The following techniques and technologies are combined to achieve our objectives:
- Ground penetrating radar (GPR),
- Radio-frequency locators (EML) in active & passive modes,
- Cover lifting, threading, signal induction.
- Topographical Surveying to accurately record our findings to GPS OSBG36
The responsibility for production of final results always lies with the Lead Surveyor; this task is not passed to anyone who has not physically carried out the survey.